Sunday, August 11, 2013

New Oil: Heat in the back of the Forest

Heat in the back of the Forest
oil on canvas, 48 x 60 inches, unframed, $8500.

This oil is a result of a dramatic move.  There is a previous oil that was a red background and yellow trees in front.  I wasn't happy with the shapes of the original yellow trees - they were too much alike and too predictable.

After viewing the original oil for about 6 months, I took the oils left on my palette after a painting session and scrubbed them over the top of the yellow trees. Once they were obliterated, I felt much better and widened my options to make a better painting. Now I had a painting to solve... a happy situation and not a dead-ended one.

It took four more painting sessions to bring it to completion. The entire endeavor was a bit of school for me and I was thrilled by the process.

2 comments: