Sunday, March 6, 2022

New Work: Rain Coming Through, oil on panel, 24 x 24 inches


Oil on panel, 24 x 24 inches, unframed and ready to hang.

Sold: Private collection


Exhibited: Dominique Boisjoli Fine Art, Santa Fe, NM To purchase

About this oil:

Rain coming down in veils always holds a fascination for me and I’m encouraged to pass those feelings on. This oil isn’t a portrait of a place or time, but instead, it is my way of expressing the spirit of what I experienced.

I wanted the rainfall to be the most important part of this composition, so everything else in the painting, the background sky and land elements are purposely simplified. A number of color combinations were tried and as those ideas came and went, it became apparent that the clouds look best with their own, unique color combination.

The piece was strengthened when I increased the brightness of the other colors. It is a day of rain after all, so they are moderately bright but more than enough to accentuate the subtleties of the rain gently falling as it passes through the landscape.



No comments:

Post a Comment