Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Pastel: Bright Encounter


New pastel on sanded paper, Bright Encounter, 14 x 14 inches.
This began as a completely different image, but the pastel got away from me, so I turned it upside down and began a new work over the failed one.  I do like the way this worked out via the moves I made to make this work a success.

Careful hanging around Casey Klahn...he can be a good motivator. This was pastel was done at his great workshop last weekend.  There were a lot of good works that resulted while we were 'under the influence."  thanks Casey...that dent you put in my head is barely showing now, and I have some nice pastels to show for it  ;)
Unframed, $1100.

Perhaps you would like to attend my upcoming Ken Elliott oil and pastel workshop:  
Making it Fine Art
A two-day workshop in Denver, Sat-Sun, July 21-22.
Two-day workshop: $225. per person  Complete info
Also, there are plans for a 2012 Summer or Fall Houston, TX workshop as well.  Please inquire

3 comments:

  1. I'm a witness to this awesome work's generation, Ken. Great image of it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting with great colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Casey and Karin! Gotta do more with that encouragement.

      Delete