Monday, June 6, 2022

New Limited Edition Giclee: Yellow Winds

New Limited Edition Giclee: Yellow Winds

Signed, limited edition giclee with 3" deckle borders:11 1/4 x 11 1/4 inches $300. 22 x 22 $57527 5/8 x 27 5/8, $790. No border, printed to the deckled edge:17 1/4 x 17 1/4 inches, $400. 28 x 28, $675.and 33 5/8 x 33 5/8, $890. Total edition of 195, plus 15 artist proofs.Giclee print on William Turner paper.


to purchase


About this image: This giclee was made from a 24 x 24 inch oil. My intention was to fill the painting with trees and leaves, all in motion and to keep it loose. I never imagined that after making a few marks with pinks and yellows, that the oil would essentially paint itself! It was as if the oil was making demands. I insisted to keeping the slanted composition design for the top and bottom, but I was open to what the colors would be. It didn’t take long to find out what direction that was going to take. I started with some medium yellow leaves and very quickly, it was if the painting was pushing me: for a different yellow, now a blue, now greys and whites, then different yellows all over again. The pace was pretty fast, not my usual method, but I happily followed along as more colors were added to what was becoming a lacy wood. The foreground was painted along with the rest, a result of some of those same yellows lightly mixed together, but brighter. All the leaves were swiftly painted in, as if by magic. There was a wonderful potential here and by adding the light tree trunks and branches and new depth and delicacy appeared. I took a break, came back and added a few darks along the bottom tree line and then the blues in the upper right. It was done and it still seems magical.



No comments:

Post a Comment