Friday, May 29, 2020

Newsletter, May 2020

BLUE WISH
Oil on canvas, 36 X 36 inches $5100 unframed
Sorelle Gallery, New Canaan, CT
More about this oil on Ken's blog, For the Color

May News:

I like what the great American painter, Robert Motherwell said, "Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it." Life continues but for too short a time, so let's endeavor to make it a beautiful and meaningful one.

My essentially living in the art studio has its advantages because nine new oils are in progress. There are no creative limits and it does keep things interesting here!

Thankfully, I will be delivering a 5 foot oil commission this week for a Florida hospital and other commissions are currently in the works.
Thank you all for engaging me for your public and private spaces.

Keep in mind that galleries are just now reopening and have also stepped up their services for clients online and by phone. Feel free to browse either way and of course, you can contact me directly.

Due to virus concerns, I have cancelled the Denver Metro workshop for now. It may be that I will host another group workshop later this year but it depends on how safe it will be. I'll make announcements in this newsletter and on my website.

Meanwhile, artists are signing up for my private, in-person lessons and the online, 4-month Art Mentoring Sessions. There are a limited number of dates available each month, so please join in soon. Feel free to contact me and start a conversation about the possibilities.

Take your work to new heights. These workshops and private sessions will focus on strategies for making better paintings, colorist tools, going to new places in your work and making fine art. We will be going deeper into making better and more appealing artworks with a variety of strategies and in some sessions, Photoshop insights made easy. all workshop info


Here's a video about what happens in the Group and Private Workshops

My best wishes for your health, comfort and a life well-lived.
Ken



New Works:


SACCADE XII
Oil on canvas, 48 x 60   $10950 framed
Saks Galleries, Denver, CO
More about this oil on Ken's blog, For the Color




BLUE WISH
Oil on canvas, 36 X 36 inches     $5100 unframed
Sorelle Gallery, New Canaan, CT
More about this oil on Ken's blog, For the Color




THE LIGHT IN THE WORLD II
Oil on canvas, 40  40   $6650 framed
More about this oil on Ken's blog, For the Color



Grateful Notices:


THE LIGHT IN THE WORLD I
Oil on Panel, 24 X 24   Private collection, CO
More about this oil on Ken's blog, For the Color



In the Galleries:


SUMMER PATTERNS
Oil on canvas, 40 X 60      $9500 framed
Saks Galleries, Denver
More about this on Ken's blog, For the Color




SUMMER SONG
Oil on canvas, 30 X 30 inches     $3700 unframed
Sorelle Gallery, New Canaan, CT
More about this oil on Ken's blog, For the Color




YELLOWS ON A STILL LAKE
Oil on canvas, 36 X 60      $8450 framed
In the studio

More about this oil on Ken's blog, For the Color



SUN BEHIND THE FOOTHILLS
Oil on canvas, 36 X 60      $7500 unframed
Sorelle Gallery, New Canaan, CT
More about this oil on Ken's blog, For the Color



Ken Elliott American Landscapes coffee table book:

Ken Elliott book, American Landscapes
This large coffee table book reprises 25 years of my works in oil, pastel, monotype, etching and collage. Large, coffee table hardback version, 11 x 13 inches, 94 color pages with essays. Book and a signed giclee print of the cover image: $150 or just order the book for $115.

Also available as an iBook / download on Apple devices for $9.99. You can preview the complete book and how to order your electronic or hardback versions from my website.


My Blog, For the Color


Want to follow along in my studio?
Come across some interesting art bits and intriguing posts from elsewhere? Check out my artist's blog: For the Color and on the right of the blog under Followers, click Join this Site. Right now you can view vintage videos of Renoir, Degas, a Piet Mondrian video montage, comments about my works and observations about museum artworks from some recent trips.


View my newest artworks:
This monthly newsletter is the best way to stay up to date with my new works and events. You can also follow me on Facebook and go more in depth with my blog, For the Color. To view the total of my works in all media and in all my galleries, go to www.kenelliott.comThank you,
Ken