Friday, February 19, 2016

New Work: Through the Purple Woods, oil on panel, 24 X 24 inches


Through the Purple Woods  oil on panel 24 X 24    $2150 unframed
In the past I have done some smaller works on wood panels. The surface is smoother and it takes the paint of the brush differently, keeping me off-balance.

Last week I made a few starts, all the same size on this theme. They all have different color combinations and they look pretty rough right now. Happily this is the first to thread the needle and become a finished work.

I'm looking forward to seeing how those other starts end up - I have no idea where oils will go but along the way some very interesting effects and colors will present themselves. It is a real joy to work with the paints this way.... more of these small panels are in my future...

No comments:

Post a Comment