Saturday, March 14, 2015

Grateful Notices: Snow on the Foothills

Snow on the Foothills, oil on canvas, 20 x 60 inches
Private collection

This oil began as a demonstration during one of the Making it Fine Art Workshops at my home / studio. I worked on it on and off for over a year. taking my time with the different aspects of the color, composition and glow.

The simplicity and high contrast set off the light in the scene nicely. I'm glad I made a good and uncomplicated start at the beginning. It took a bit of effort to keep the work interesting across the long expanse of this composition. A number of strategies came and went along the way and finally, and interesting balance was found. The entire process was a delight.

As always, I'm honored that this oil has been selected for a private home.

No comments:

Post a Comment