Monday, March 13, 2023

New Work: Winters Evening, oil on canvas, 30 x 30 inches

 New Work: Winters Evening, oil on canvas, 30 x 30 inches

In the studio, $4400 framed


About this oil:
This painting was full of surprises, twists and turns, but throughout, I insisted on that blue tree line in shadow. This was one of over a dozen other works currently in progress and it gave me the luxury of taking my time with each one, including a larger variation of this completed one still in the works.

As I was painting this oil, there was a calm that continued to come through. Despite my multiple experiments with the tree shapes and different skies, that serenity persisted.

As the painting evolved, the land and sky forms became more simplified and inversely, more powerful. After many changes and sessions, it all came together chromatically with every element finding the optimal placement.






No comments:

Post a Comment