Monday, December 9, 2019

Grateful Notices: Last Snow I, pastel, 8 3/8 x 12 3/8 inches

LAST SNOW I
Pastel 8 3/8 X 12 3/8   private collection
Exhibited: Dominique Boisjoli Fine Art, Santa Fe, NM

When I first moved to Colorado many years ago, I was living in a snow climate for the first time. This pastel was done soon after my arrival and I had kept it in my own collection for over 20 years. Creating snow scenes was a bit of a rarity for me and because this was my view almost every day when I lived in Castle Rock, Colorado, I felt compelled to make a pastel of the scene.

Now that I'm living in Steamboat Springs and surrounded by snowy landscapes for many months of the year, I am creating more winter artworks rather than the one or two in each of the past years.

When Dominique told me that a Denver collector added this work to their collection I was delighted and encouraged to create more. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment