Monday, June 8, 2015

In the Studio: June 8, 2015


There are a number of works in progress right now, 4 are shown here. It hasn't been dull lately with all these starts. I'm creating a lot of problems and enjoying the 'chess' game, searching for the solutions. At this point, the paintings are talking to me, telling me what they need.

It is very important for me to have a lot of works in progress at the same time. The advantages are many, but one of the most important is that it keeps a single painting from being too precious.

Everything is up for grabs here. Subtle or sweeping changes can be made - whatever makes for the best possible outcome. When I get to a dead end or stopping point, another painting in the studio is calling for attention.

Someone is arriving from out of town for private lessons today. It's always fun and a thrill to share ideas in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment