Thursday, November 13, 2014

Grateful Notices: Yellows at the Creek IV

Yellows at the Creek
Oil on canvas, 48 x 48 inches
Private collection, Houston, TX

This is an imaginary scene, first made as a pair of pastels. I wanted a composition that was a fall color surround with a glowing stream. In some earlier versions there was a whiter bit of sky at the top, but here I decided the stream would be the only source of bright light. As the oil proceeded I noticed a nice effect coming of the brush. It was something that created a soft surface in the grasses, so I kept with it and flattened the background trees a bit more. Still, the overall effect is softer than the other oil versions, more pastel-like and it accentuates the warm colors enveloping everything.

Pardon the less than optimal reproduction here. Now I have all my artworks shot professionally and the difference well worth the effort.

This painting was purchased as a birthday gift, a great honor.
Thank you!
Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment