Monday, July 21, 2014

Grateful Notices: On a Saturday Afternoon, oil on canvas


On a Saturday Afternoon, oil on canvas 30 x 30 inches

This oil is a smaller, cropped version of the same cloudscape I have done a few times now. The larger versions are 60 and 72 inch horizontals.

I Really Like this array of clouds. This particular version was started in one of my workshops and over the last few months it has been my task and delight to make it stronger and more attractive with every painting session. I thought it was finished a couple of times but after viewing it for a few days I knew it could be a better painting. Just good enough is not thrilling or satisfying.  

My good friend Carol was in the studio this week and watched a part of my last session as some of the tastiest colors were added.  It was great fun to push the color when she was there and she decided to purchase it for her collection.

Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment