Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Workshop: St. Simons, Georgia February 2014


Making it Fine Art Workshop

This was fun and wow, the breakthroughs did appear!

Pictured left to right:
Ken  Carol Jo Smidt   Donna Claytor   Carly Hardy  Ella Cart   Lynn Singer

I thoroughly appreciated every moment. It was magical.

Thanks to the Glynn Art Association for their sponsorship and to Carly Hardy for making it all happen. Carly and Ella are locals and they enriched the entire experience with their inside info about everything St. Simons.

Have Ken do a workshop in your area and sign up for those currently scheduled.

I stayed at the Darien Waterfront Inn. It was charming and the owner Jo Ann made it home for me.

Thank you everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Ken's workshop was a turning point in my art career. More than a year ago, I saw Ken's artwork online, looked the website up, and saw that he had a book of his art available. Ordered it immediately and sat for hours over the next couple of months absorbing the color and majesty of his subjects....and kept thinking "I need to study with this guy!" Almost a year later, Ken was in St Simon's and I was picking his brain to learn all that was possible in three short days!

    Ken enthusiastically shared with all of us, more than just his knowledge of art, his creative spirit! He gave me the courage to paint from the heart, to be bold, to go further than I'd gone before. His methods for teaching encourages each artist to break out of the mold, to capture their own viewpoint and put it on the canvas. All of us were affected by his generosity.

    If you want to be motivated, encouraged to achieve more, or just want to have fun! take Ken's workshop. You won't be disappointed! carly hardy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much Carly! I so appreciate your instigating the workshop and making the entire trip a delight!

    ReplyDelete