Thursday, July 11, 2013

Grateful Notices July 11, 2013

Approaching Weather, oil on canvas, 36 x 60 inches

Just installed today at the Castle Rock, CO Adventist Hospital. Noyce Art Designs, is the art consultant on the project.

I originally saw this scene from a parking lot near my house. I had just moved to Colorado some 15 years earlier and I was stunned at the large view in front of me. I made a pastel that became a giclée print and years later, a small oil version of this view. I was thrilled at the prospect of doing this larger version as a commission.

When I first took the photograph, the landscape was for the most part undeveloped and that is reflected in the oil painting.  Presently, this hospital sits in the middle right-hand portion of the painting. I see this area almost every day and it's remarkable to compare the change represented by the oil and what is on the ground now. I'm happy for all the people who have now moved into that landscape and call at home as I do. It's also a great bonus to have such a huge hospital facility nearby for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment